This module aims to provide students with an opportunity to apply and develop their research skills and to extend their knowledge, understanding and ability to critically analyse in a specialist area of interest. The student will choose an academic area related to their programme of study and apply their independent learning skills to research this area in depth.
This assignment is designed to assess learning outcomes:
- Identify and justify a research question or business issue of relevance to the student’s programme of study.
- Critically evaluate the key concepts involved in the research project and identify and apply appropriate theories to form a coherent research proposal including structured and focused research objectives appropriate for study at Undergraduate level.
- Identify, analyse and critically review the relevant literature.
- Evaluate and utilise appropriate research methodologies and methods, and understand the principles of effective and ethical research practice.
- Analyse, interpret and critically evaluate the data or information obtained and present the analysis and findings (or artifacts) of research with clarity.
- Formulate realistic and appropriate conclusions and recommendations from a dissertation/project, including suggestions for future research and/or practice as appropriate.
This assignment is an individual assignment.
A 8,000 word individual research-based dissertation on an approved business topic which relates to the student’s course of study.
Introduction (10%), Literature Review (30%), Research Methods (15% – to include consideration of ethical issues), Analysis, Findings & Discussion (25 %), Conclusions and Recommendations (15%) and Presentation and referencing (5 %)
The word count is stated above.
There will be a penalty of a deduction of 10% of the mark (after internal moderation) for work exceeding the word limit by 10% or more.
The word limit includes quotations and citations, but excludes the references list.
Work should be typed (Arial; at least 11 font size; 1.5 spacing).
Type of assignment: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Dissertation
Number of sources: 5
Academic level: Bachelor
Paper format: MLA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: UK English