Choose one of the following essay questions, and ensure that their arguments are informed by theory, evidence, academic research, and market analyses.
1.Through analysing a select few definitions (at least 4), create a new definition of strategy suitable for international hotel companies. Critically reflect on the relevance of strategic thinking for global hotel businesses in the current climate. Support your discussions with examples from the hotel sector.
2. Evaluate the role of competitive benchmarking in improving the strategic performance of hotel companies. Critically assess ways in which technology can assist in the benchmarking process. Use examples to support your arguments.
3. Prepare a Balanced Scorecard Framework for a hotel organisation that you are familiar with, suggesting indicators within each perspective. Please provide reasons for your selections of the indicators. Based on your Balanced Scorecard Framework, highlight and evaluate the important indicators that this hotel organisation should focus on to ensure that their development goals of the next 5-10 years are met.
4. Using two different hotel organisations that you are familiar with, assess two types of strategy in the Price/Quality matrix that the two organisations use, and analyse the challenges involved in each type of strategy. Critically discuss the Price/Quality matrix in the current environment and evaluate how the two organisations should adapt with the change.
5. Using ACCOR or Marriott as a hotel organisation, critically evaluate the different business entry modes (market penetration) this organisation has chosen and why. When doing so further analyse why global hotel companies have shifted their business model towards an ‘asset light strategy’. Discuss the reasons for this trend using specific examples of hotel companies and underpin your answer with relevant theory.
6. Critically analyse the significance of organisational leadership and strategic positioning for a hotel organisation of your choice. Carefully consider the impact of the extraordinary challenges of the external environment in managing hotel organisations successfully. Support your arguments with evidence from relevant industry and theoretical concepts.
Type of assignment: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Essay
Number of sources: 5
Academic level: Bachelor
Paper format: Harvard
Line spacing: Double
Language style: UK English