- Demonstrate a critical understanding of epidemiological, microbiological, infection prevention, health protection and public health principles that enables the student to critically evaluate current research and practice regarding the prevention, treatment and control of infections worldwide.
- Explore and critically evaluate evidence that underpins the effective development and delivery of infection prevention and control practice in different global contexts.
- Evidence critical awareness of the contemporary challenges, current successes and need for advancement in the prevention, treatment and control of infections worldwide.
- Reflect on their own practice and sphere of influence to identify areas within their own practice which could enhance infection prevention and control strategies and work effectively with other individuals, teams and agencies to achieve this.
- Through active engagement, demonstrate a critical, analytical and evaluative approach to their personal learning and development in the field of infection prevention and control practice.
Type of assignment: Essay