For each question, choose one or two of the NGOs or social movements from the list.
your case study/ies. Concepts such as authority, influence, legitimacy / democracy, political opportunity structures, framing, etc will be very helpful in answering the questions and deepening the analysis.
1. How do NGOs influence global treaties? Why are they successful or unsuccessful?
2. Why do social movements choose outsider or insider strategies for their campaigns?
3. Who do NGOs and social movements represent? Why is representation important to the
NGO’s / social movement’s claims, and to what extent do they actually represent the people that they claim to?
4. Why would NGOs or social movements position themselves as experts on a topic, or as representing or protecting vulnerable populations?
5. Do NGOs and social movements democratize global governance? Why or why not?
Type of assignment: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Essay
Subject: Political science
Number of sources: 1
Academic level: Bachelor
Paper format: MLA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: UK English