- This project will require that you research facts about your organization to support your marketing plan. Researched information will come from company website, business journals, and/or other credible sources. You will also be given the opportunity to get creative and come up with your own ideas in this marketing plan. For example, the ways you promote and advertise your product in the marketing plan is solely up to you so channel your inner marketer and get innovative.
- A marketing plan serves as a road map for the marketing actions of an organization for a specified future time period. For the purpose of this project, we will be focusing on a 2-year marketing plan of your organization.
- In Section One you will cover the general information of your organization, research analysis, and setting objectives of the marketing plan.
- Format of Paper: American Psychological Association (APA)
- Length of Paper: 4-5 pages
- Must Include: abstract, body, conclusion, references page
- I. Company Description (0.5 page) – In this section, you will briefly describe your company, target market, core competencies, competitive advantage, and the industry in which it operates. This section will also include your company’s mission and core value.
- II. Situation Analysis (1-2 page) – In this section you will also conduct SWOT analyses of your company. The purpose of these analyses is to have a better understanding of the internal and external environmental forces in which the company operates and in turn make effective marketing decisions.
- III. Consumer Behavior Research (1-2 page) – In this section, you will summarize the findings of your consumer behavior analysis. To do so, you will describe the 5 stages of the Purchase Decision Process (Problem Recognition, Information Search, Alteration Evaluation, Purchase Decision, and Post-Purchase Behavior) that your potential consumer will go through.
- IV. Critical Issues (0.5 page) – Based on the analyses, what 3-5 critical issues will you address moving forward? Examples may include issues such as competitors dominating in a certain market, invalidated target market, changing trends, etc.
- V. Marketing Objectives (1 page) – For this section, come up with 3 marketing objectives. These objectives should be SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely). Objectives to consider: revenues/sales, market share, customer satisfaction, brand awareness.
Type of assignment: Project