Assessment 3 is to provide a project report that identifies, analyses and justifies a scope
The objective of Assessment 3 is to integrate the themes of this unit into a real world
Create a report for your steering committee that outlines an issue that warrants requesting a
scope variation to your current project from Assignment 2. Develop a succinct report that
includes the sections listed below.
Executive summary (not to exceed 1 page)
Table of Contents
- Problem or Opportunity
- Justification for addressing (include root cause or some form of analysis)
- Proposed Scope change details including high level timeline, costs etc.
References (if required)
PROJ6001 2021 Quality, Control and Risk Assessment Guide
Appendices to include the following at a minimum. They need to be internally consistent,
demonstrating an escalating problem that grew from a risk to an issue.
- Very brief Change Request that includes impact to quality, time, cost and end
- Very high level project status reports from last 3 months demonstrating
developing history of relevant risks/issues etc.
• Assume the plan is to be approved by a senior governance group such as a
Steering Committee and they are your primary audience.
• You are welcome to embellish upon your selected scenario as creating further
back story etc may help you demonstrate a higher level of learning and skills.
• This is not specifically a theoretical report however if you do draw from other
sources, please cite them and include references.
Type of assignment: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Report
Number of sources: 5
Academic level: Bachelor
Paper format: Harvard
Line spacing: Double
Language style: AU English