- Each journal entry must have an appropriate cover page in APA style format. Cover page must include professor’s name, course number, date, your name, name of assignment, school you are attending, course name. An appropriate cover page is plain and white in colour with no graphics.
- You must describe an activity, event, or situation that you experienced in your placement in detail. What happened?
- What was your role? Participant? Observer? Or both? Describe and discuss. What did you do or say? Did you help? How?
- Discuss your observations and reflections about this activity, event, or situation using the following guide:
- What social service worker skills did you employ? NAME THE SOCIAL SERVICE WORK SKILL and how you used it. (i.e. observation, empathy, questioning, clarifying, reflection, summarizing, assessing, etc.)
- What were your thoughts or feelings during and after this experience? How did you manage these?
- What did you learn from this experience?
- What did you learn about yourself? About social service work?
- Did you discuss or review this experience with your placement supervisor, or team members? Was this discussion helpful and what did you learn? If you did not discuss it, why not?
- What, if anything, would you have done differently in this situation? Discuss whether yes or no and why.
Type of assignment: Essay
Subject: Public relations