Explain how the setting of Slum Dog Millionaire movie is crucial to the narrative, characters and ultimately, the viewer’s understanding and interpretation the film.
Requirements for your final paper
1) You must develop a thesis; that is, take a point of view on your topic and use evidence to support that point of view. Please do not use any direct quote in your thesis/introduction paragraph.
2) You must do outside research. Usually recommended readings will be sufficient. Include a bibliography.
Criteria for grading final paper
1) Strength and clarity of the thesis.
2) Organization and power of the argument used to prove the thesis.
3) Use of specific examples and outside research.
4) Grammar, spelling, neatness and readability.
5) Style: economical use of language, appropriate and consistent tone.
Other Hints for final paper
1) Give your essay a title.
2) Don’t say in your first paragraph, “This is what I’m going to do.” Just do it. Your title and well-defined thesis will tell the reader what you’re doing.
3) Make sure your final paragraph relates to the thesis stated in your opening paragraph. Don’t end on a quote from someone else-use your own words.
4) Give credit where credit is due; plagiarism is the unacknowledged use of some one else’s words or ideas. There are several forms for crediting sources: Footnotes, endnotes, etc. Use whichever form you are comfortable with, but be consistent.
5) Type double-space (font #12 Times New Roman). Staple your paper. Please no binders or plastic jackets.
6) Additional viewings of the film or films that you’re writing about will bring greater depth to your insights.
7) Make your essay matter to you.
8) Do not use First Person such as: I Think, I Feel, In My Opinion, etc. You are more than welcome to use First Person for your midterm.
9) Do not make your argument broad. The more you focus the better your paper becomes.
10) Do not over use quotes. If there is direct quote/s put them between quotation marks : “Such, such, such, such.” (Name, P. 259).
11)If you use some one else’s idea to develop your own, you do not need to mention it through out your paper. Just a complete list of reference/s in your endnotes will be sufficient. List all of the sources you are using.
12) If you are quoting from on line source/s, cut and pace the web address in front of the quote plus page number if possible.
13) Please use the space of your paper properly. Do not leave any empty space/s. This applies to all your written assignments in this course.
14) Try to cover both the aesthetics (style) and the theme.
15) Do not re-tell the story or historical facts to the point that it might dominate your entire paper.
16) Try to go beyond the obvious. Dig in as much as possible for impossible. 17) Make sure your paper has your name on it!!!!
18) There is a huge difference between having a conversation and writing an essay. Make sure you understand this as well.
19) If you need help with your writing please feel free to see me or go to writing center before you turning in your papers.
Type of assignment: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Essay
Number of sources: 10
Academic level: Bachelor
Paper format: MLA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English