- The first step in this process is to pick a company to study. Remember that we will be asking you for information about the corporate and international strategies of your company as well as its structure. So, we strongly recommend that you pick a company for which such information is likely to be available.
- The second step is to decide on the perspective your project group will adopt. This is important as it helps to provide a context to your research and the underlying discussion throughout your report. It may be that you choose adopt the perspective of an external consultant who will be looking at the suitability of the organisation possible a merger or acquisitions. Alternatively, it could be that you adopt the perspective of an internal project group charged with the responsibility of identifying new growth platforms for the business.
- Once you have decided on the perspective to be taken, apply a range of strategic and analytical tools to determine the strength of the organisation’s position in relation to its intended aims.
- Provide a discussion of your findings, highlighting what you consider to be the most salient aspects of your observations. Here, the value of your discussion will be in the way you synthesise the different aspects of your analysis and the depth of discussion. The depth of discussion will be a reflection of the level of engagement your project group will have had with your chosen organisation.
- Provide a conclusion which establishes a vision of the future of your chosen organisation. Use as much of the evidence generated in your report to support your vision.
- Finally, produce a list of recommendations that will present the organisation with an outline strategy for achieving that vision. Your recommendations should also include the key performance indicators that will help the organisation monitor its progress and development towards the achievement of that vision.
Analysis: Diagnose an organisation’s situation by critically analysing its external and internal environments and finanancial analysis.
-Describe current organisational direction.
-Evaluate different strategic options available to the organisation using objective criteria.
Discuss how the chosen strategy might be delivered and the implementation tools and techniques which are used in different contexts.
Type of assignment: Essay