COURSE: ADVANCED PHARMACOLOGY ASSIGNMENT
• (Please Avoid plagiarism and do not use any work from Course Heroes Professors checks both for plagiarism and Course heroes and their likes please)Capture every numbered question on the rubrics maintaining subtitles plsApa 7th edition,. Use2 -4 articles from course resource and another 3-4articles from outside resource
• Maintain title and sub titles according to the rubrics
Module 2: Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems
Assignment Topic:Week 3: – Asthma and Stepwise Management
Asthma is a respiratory disorder that affects children and adults. Advanced practice nurses often provide treatment to patients with these disorders. Sometimes patients require immediate treatment, making it essential that you recognize and distinguish minor asthma symptoms from serious, life-threatening ones. Since symptoms and attacks are often induced by a trigger, advanced practice nurses must also help patients identify their triggers and recommend appropriate management options. Like many other disorders, there are various approaches to treating and managing care for asthmatic patients depending on individual patient factors.
One method that supports the clinical decision making of drug therapy plans for asthmatic patients is the stepwise approach, which you explore in this Assignment.
• Reflect on drugs used to treat asthmatic patients, including long-term control and quick relief treatment options for patients. Think about the impact these drugs might have on patients, including adults and children.
• Consider how you might apply the stepwise approach to address the health needs of a patient in your practice.
• Reflect on how stepwise management assists health care providers and patients in gaining and maintaining control of the disease.
• would modify the current drug treatment or provide an alternative treatment option for the patient.
By Day 6 of Week 3 (pls see Rubrics below)
Create a 5- to 6-slide PowerPoint presentation with foot notes that can be used in a staff development meeting on presenting different approaches for implementing the stepwise approach for asthma treatment. Be sure to address the following:
• Describe long-term control and quick relief treatment options for the asthma patient from your practice as well as the impact these drugs might have on your patient.
• Explain the stepwise approach to asthma treatment and management for your patient.
• Explain how stepwise management assists health care providers and patients in gaining and maintaining control of the disease. Be specific
Rosenthal, L. D., & Burchum, J. R. (2021). Lehne’s pharmacotherapeutics for advanced practice nurses and physician assistants (2nd ed.) St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
• Chapter 62, “Drugs for Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease” (pp. 557–579)
• Chapter 63, “Drugs for Allergic Rhinitis, Cough, and Colds” (pp. 580–588)
Speed Pharmacology. (2020). Drugs for asthma and COPD (Made Easy) [Video]. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DVZ9pl0rGY
Note: This media program is approximately 14 minutes.
Speed Pharmacology. (2017). Antihistamines (Made Easy) [Video]. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5PHANcdA_E&t=25s
Note: This media program is approximately 10 minutes.
National Heart Lung and Blood Institute. (2007). Expert panel report 3 (EPR3): Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma. Retrieved from http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/asthma/asthgdln.htm
This web resource presents guidelines for diagnosing and managing asthma and outlines treatment recommendations for specific age groups.
Type of service : Academic Paper Writing
Type Of Assignment : Power Point Presentation
Subject : Not Defined
Pages / words : 5/750
Number Of Sources : 6
Academic Level : Master’s
Paper Format : APA
Line Spacing : Double
Language Style : US English