The individual project is a major learning component in this module that weights for 75% of your overall mark. It therefore requires significant effort. The essential idea is to do a deeper analysis into aspects of consumer behaviour in a chosen branded product, and then to apply the analysis results to critique recent marketing activities of the company and make overall marketing recommendations. This assessment will enhance your employability by supporting secondary research and analytic skills as well as guiding you towards findings solutions in complex marketing problems.
- LEARNING OUTCOMES
This assignment will help you meet the following learning outcomes:
• Critically analyse the influence of consumer psychology in the consumer decisionmaking process. (LO1)
• Demonstrate a deep and systematic understanding of the major buyer behaviour models and consumer psychology theories, constructs and variables contributing to these models. (LO2)
• Evaluate and apply these psychological and behavioural constructsto support strategic and tactical marketing planning in an international context. (LO3)
• Develop an ethical sensitivity and understanding of consumerism. (LO4)
- ASSIGNMENT BRIEF
Choose a specific brand and product line (e.g. Pantente shampoo, Diet Coke). You are, then, asked to review relevant literature (mainly academic papers) and to write a report on:
A. Product category Involvement and Motivation analysis
Analyse and define the level of product involvement for the category that your brand belongs to (i.e. dimensions of involvement). Apply relevant motivation constructs (hedonic Vs. utilitarian motives, negatively and positively evaluated goals, motivational conflicts) to analyse the motives behind a purchase in this category.
B. Customer Profile and Positioning analysis.
Use relevant theories to analyse the Customer Profile focusing on psychographics (i.e. lifestyle, personality, values etc.) and Brand Positioning (i.e. brand personality, self/ brand congruence theory).
C. Marketing Strategies and Tactics analysis
Use consumer psychology theories to evaluate the company’s recent marketing strategies and tactics. You could analyse advertising campaigns, product packaging, product development tactics or other marketing strategies. Theories that need to be covered are:
• Message structure and characteristics,
• Route to persuasion – ELM,
• Perception aspects, JND,
• Memory and learning issues,
• ABC attitude model, attitude change strategies, multi- attribute attitude models,
• The theory of the Self and self enhancement theory
Based on the previous analyses (sections A to C), make recommendations on the company’s marketing strategies and tactics (e.g. product design, packaging, positioning, advertising messages, retailing) taking into account ethical consumerism and green marketing aspects.
You might want to discuss theories on memory, perception, the Self, attitude change, Ethics,
Green marketing to justify your suggestions. Justify your recommendations with the use of
academic sources and mainly relevant academic papers.
- REPORT DETAILS
A 3,000-word (excluding cover page, executive summary, references, and appendices) report needs to be prepared and submitted electronically. Please follow a report format (include headings and sub-headings, numbering, executive summary, introduction, main body and conclusion)
Font: 11 Arial/ 12 Times New Roman or equivalent, text alignment: justified, single spaced.
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Report
Number of sources: 6
Academic level: Undergraduate
Paper format: Harvard
Line spacing: Double
Language style: UK English