You are going to start a new cake making business in England with first factory opening in Peterborough.
Given the rise in distance ordering in food industry, you want to make available a good healthy cake.
You are required to present a report to potential investors to encourage them to invest in your business.
Details of your report are as follows.
- Prepare a marginal costing statement for your product on a ‘per unit’ and ‘per year’ basis. 5 marks
2. Produce the following financial documents for the first 12 months of trading:
- Cash Budget (month by month) 20 marks
- Forecast Income Statement (for the year) 15marks
- Forecast Balance Sheet (for the year) 15 marks
4. Write a 1,500 word business case, in report format, presenting and explaining the costing and financial data from tasks 1 and 2 above, to your potential investors.
5 Use ratio and break-even analysis to analyse the expected performance of your business. 20 marks
Total 100 marks
This assignment is in the form of a scenario, which covers all four learning outcomes for this module.
Type of assignment: Report