Provide an analysis of the impact of the microeconomic and macroeconomic environment on a company of your choice. The assignment should:
- Use economic theory and data to explore the firm’s macroeconomic exposure, market exposures and its cost vulnerabilities, including comparisons with an appropriate comparator organisation or organisations.
- Set out the performance of the organisation in relation to its main competitors/comparators from 2006 until 2020.
- What does your analysis reveal about the effectiveness of business strategy in your chosen firm or organisation?
- How well equipped is the business/organisation to withstand any further global economic shocks in 2021 onwards?
- Do choose a company where appropriate corporate data are available as are macroeconomic data from the country/countries in which it operates.
- Do not use BA (or IAG), Nippon Steel or Cemex, or an organisation on which you have previously submitted an analysis for assessment, for EBE or any other module.
- Do include economic models.
Word Count: 4,500 (3,000 main text; 1,500 diagrams, figures, tables, etc.)
Type of assignment: Case study