The Health and Safety Executive’s Five steps to risk assessment.
• Step 1: Identify the hazards.
• Step 2: Decide who might be harmed and how.
• Step 3: Evaluate the risks and decide on precautions.
• Step 4: Record your findings and implement them.
• Step 5: Review your risk assessment and update if. necessary.
Do a risk assessment and prepare a risk register with mitigation options for IT operations at an organization of your choice? First Come, First Serve
Evaluate and create a risk register for the type of business you have been assigned.
- Include a cover page with your name and student number.
- Must be a word document.
- A Risk Register must include well explained descriptions of the risks and have mitigation
options along with the probability and impact of each risk. The Risk Register should be a
table organized from the highest to the lowest risk. Each separate risk must be uniquely
numbered. This should include all types of risk.
- A second Risk Register dealing IT risk, again must include well explained descriptions of
the risks and have mitigation options along with the probability and impact of each risk.
Again, it should be a table organized from the highest to the lowest risk with each risk
must be uniquely numbered.
- For the second risk register create a risk tree that will fit on a single page, have a clear
hierarchy and follow the 100% rule (Each risk is accounted for in exactly one place).
- Document all assumptions.
Criteria Marking Scheme Marks
Research is complete and relevant
Reasonable assumptions documented
Clear, concise, easy to follow with good explanations
Includes policy recommendations where applicable
Each separate risk is uniquely numbered
Risk register ordered from highest to lowest risk
Visually pleasing risk tree fits on a single page
Risks are reasonable and well thought out
Risks reflects organization and local culture and practices
100% rule – Each risk is unique and non-overlapping
– Risk Tree
Project02_CR3420 _Sept29 Page 2 of 2
Includes all key required components and IT “best practices”
Good explanation showing clear understanding of topic
Risks identified are well explained
Content free of typos, grammatical errors and other
Good demonstration of understanding of material
Submitted on time
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Research Paper
Subject-IT & Technology
Pages / words-5 / 1375
Language style-US English