2. Research the victimology side of the equation with concentrated research on the role criminal profiling and victim profiling play in criminal investigations and subsequent case filings in America today.
In your research paper, you must address the following that addresses the information below.
* Define criminology and how it relates to the theories of criminology.
* How do criminology and victimology interact to provide a clear picture of crime and the causes of crime?
* How does criminology influence criminal profiling and offender behavior profiling?
* How do victimology and criminology influence victim profiling?
Complete a research paper that must be a minimum of three pages in length, not including the title page and the reference page (title and reference pages do not count toward the total page requirement). The research paper must follow APA guidelines and contain the following components:
* Title page: The title page must be in APA format, which includes a properly formatted running head and the page number in the header.
* Abstract: Provide a brief explanation of the purpose of your paper. This must be a minimum of 150 words. This should be similar to what was done for the topic description you submitted in the Unit I assignment.
* Introduction: Provide a brief introduction.
* Body: Include headings help the reader transition from one subject to the next in the main body of the paper. This is the focus of your research and analysis of criminology and victimology and the interaction and interdependence of these fields of study. Additionally, identify the contribution each provides to criminal justice operations in the United States today. Alternatively, this will be your analysis of the victimology side of the equation and the role criminal profiling and victim profiling play in criminal investigations and subsequent case filings in America today.
* Conclusion: Provide a summary of your findings and solutions based on best practices today.
* Reference page: You must include the heading “References” centered above the reference list on a separate page after your conclusion. You must include the three sources selected in the Unit I Assignment. You may include more, but your initial three, which were used to research and create the topic must be used. All sources must be referenced in APA format, and each source must correspond to at least one in-text citation. Each source must be double-spaced, and APA requires a 1/2-inch hanging indentation.
The CSU Writing Center has an excellent tutorial for writing a research paper. Click on the link for this tutorial.
Note: The transcript for this resource can be found within the “Notes” tab to the right of the presentation.
You may also contact a writing specialist for additional assistance.
The following resource(s) may help you with this assignment.
* Citation Guide
* CSU Online Library Research Guide
* Submit Writing Center Request
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Researchpaper
Subject: Criminal justice
Number of sources: 5
Academic level: Undergraduate
Paper format: Chicago
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English