CORPORATE SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE COUSREWORK BRIEF
This module is assessed 100% by coursework:
Assignment 1: (70%)
Individual report (3,000 words) will provide an assessment of a sustainable development challenge, as defined in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in order to identify the existing and future collaborative policies and solutions to address it.
Coursework 1 – Assignment: (70%)
• This is an individual assignment (3,000 words) that will provide a brief overview of a key sustainable development challenge (such as SDG 1: no poverty, SDG2: no hunger, etc.). The report will be based on desktop research where students are required to:
• Requirement 1: identify and define within theory one sustainable development challenge and its implications for a business and find representative cases to elaborate and contextualise the challenge within a particular industry at the national and global levels;
• Requirement 2: identify all the affected parties (stakeholders) by providing a brief description of why the key stakeholder group(s) are affected, how (consequences for each stakeholder group); what their responsibilities are (types of obligations) for the particular challenge; and identify links across stakeholder groups;
• Requirement 3: present a review of the existing collaborative policies and solutions for the chosen SDG by linking with SDG 17: the development of social partnerships with stakeholders; use your moral imagination (see paper by Warhane, 2002-link on reading list) to think creatively and develop suggestions on how a company should act proactively in developing collaborative policies and solutions to address SDGs. Students are required to use two examples of companies that dealt with the challenge previously by referring to the policies and solutions they have implemented.
• NOTE: Students should use at least 20 references in order to show extensive research…
The module core textbook is:
Crane, A. and Matten, D., Glozer, S. and Spence, L. J. (2019). Business Ethics: Managing Corporate Citizenship & Sustainability in the Age of Globalization. 4th edition. Oxford University Press. ISBN:
ISBN: 978-0-19- 881007-0
Marking criteria for the assignment:
Complex thinking a/ demonstrate an in depth theoretical and empirical understanding of a SDG goal in addition to SDG 17;
Complex linking b/ demonstrate the ability to identify multiple links between stakeholders and a business;
Sustainable collaborative solutions c/ demonstrate the ability to think proactively and propose innovative collaborative solutions to anticipated social issues.
In addition to the above the three generic UoK categorical marking criteria will be considered: a/ Reading & Knowledge, b/ Understanding, analysis and argument and c/ Organisation and presentation as per usual.
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Coursework
Number of sources: 2
Academic level: Undergraduate
Paper format: MLA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English