The question requires you to demonstrate the position, the change and the outcome/evaluation between two periods:
▪ In relation to a single form of violence
▪ You must adopt a point of view for or against the statement.
▪ You must support it with evidence and
▪ Ensure the reader is given a clear indication
towards the end of the essay.
– use examples: Srebrenica massacre, genocides in Rwanda, Holocaust….
1. Critically consider the way violence operates within and across particular societies
2. Describe and illustrate the ways that violence is understood by criminology and by legal systems
3. Distinguish between different versions of violent behaviour;
4. Identify traits or factors common to various types of violent actions;
5. Conduct analysis of the form, the extent and impact of violent expression; and
6. Synthesise different research ideas about violence into clear proposals for further theoretical consideration, policy or practitioner action.
Critically consider the way violence operates within and across particular societies
• Appraise different versions of violent behaviour
• Identify and evaluate traits or factors common to various types of violent actions
• Critically analyse the form, the extent, impact and theoretical framing of violent expression
• Synthesise different research ideas about violence into clear proposals for further theoretical consideration, policy or practitioner action
▪ An introduction that sets out the topic, rationale and aim
▪ Your assignment should look to address a number of clear points rather
than everything in the literature
• Introduction (250 words)
• Point 1 – Past (900 words)
• Point 2 – 21st Century (900 words)
• Conclusion (400 words)
A key part of a good structure is ensuring that each paragraph undertakes to:
▪ Highlight what the paragraph will discuss;
▪ Explain the main point in detail;
▪ Give an example that underlines the point being made or shows it in living context; and
▪ Provides a link to the next point.
Type of assignment: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Essay
Subject: Criminal justice
Number of sources: 5
Academic level: Bachelor
Paper format: Harvard
Line spacing: Double
Language style: UK English