PSYC 205 bonus essay
Adolescents are facing so many decisions and changes in their lives. Beginning to develop romantic
and strong emotional relationships is vitally important to their well-being. Unfortunately, some of those
relationships can abusive emotionally and/or physically. This bonus is about violence in teen dating
- Read chapters 11 &12 in the textbook.
- Read all the articles in the required sources folder.
- Watch the video in the required sources folder.
- Include all the information listed below in a 250-500-word essay (1-2 pages double spaced).
The essay must address all the information listed below. The essay should be cohesive and
- Post your answer essay in the BE5 area of the discussion board.
Information to include in your essay:
• Discuss the fact about teen dating violence stood out to you the most and why it stood out to
• Discuss some of the long-term consequences of teen dating violence for both the victims and
• Discuss why it is difficult for some people to leave or end an abusive relationship.
• Discuss one thing you might be able to do to help a teen who is in an abusive (emotionally or
• Please keep in mind some of your classmates may have been (or are currently in) an
unhealthy or abusive relationship.
• Be mindful of your how you word things. Words are powerful and impactful. Please use them
to support your classmates.
• Be respectful of other people and their experiences.
• You do not have to agree with or condone but you do have to respect the opinions and
experiences of others.
Things to keep in mind:
• All bonus essay are essentially about your personal opinion and experiences, as such the
essay will be graded on depth, detail and cohesion.
• Answers must be on topic and well written to get full points.
• I expect you to express your thoughts not parrot the thoughts of others.
Type of assignment: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Essay
Number of sources: 10
Academic level: Bachelor
Paper format: MLA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English